North Aisle Windows

Opposite the font, one panel was given by the Bank of England to mark their appreciation of the kindness shown to them by Canon Sear during their evacuation to the district during the 1939 - 1945 war. This contains the figure of St. Christopher, patron of the Bank, surmounted by the "Old Lady of Threadneedle Street". The second panel has the Good Shepherd, given by the Sunday School children in 1901. The glass above, showing the arms of the Diocese of Winchester, is the only ancient stained glass in the church. The other two windows depict the four Evangelists (Matthew, Mark, Luke, John) and were given by A.H. White, one time organist here, by bequest in 1946.

"Vinegar" Bible

In the glass case by the north door is a copy of the "Vinegar" Bible of 1717, so called because of the misprint "Vinegar" for "Vineyard" in the heading of the parable in Luke chapter 20.

Altar Frontal

To the left of the door is part of a frontal of 1687 with the initials RB WB. These were the Churchwardens of the year - Richard erkeley and William Bond.

 

Museum Case
This contains a number of items found locally, but which do not all relate to the church. Roman coins are still found in fields. A Roman road cuts through the parish, fording the Bourne south of the church.